Finally got around to posting pics from our Perth Trip. I went into a bit of IMBB Withdrawal Symptom so got into a little IMBB obsessive mode. 😀 As much as I love travelling I also love my job.
Anyhoo, we stayed in Perth for 3 days. After a mad buzz from Melbourne and Sydney, Perth’s quietness was very welcoming. It is very scarcely populated place. Sometimes when i come back to India from my trips abroad, I go into population shock. Well, in Perth as well I went into population shock..there were so less people. loll!!
We stayed at Como The Treasury. It is a gorgeous hotel housed in a 140 year old State Building. It goes high on our recommendation list. Our room was literally goals. The bathroom with bathtub put right to the windows and a little balcony view St George’s Cathedral view were the sweetest things to experience everyday. It was very well located. We experienced some of the world class restaurants in the State Building itself The Post with its gorgeous courtyard setting for breakfast, The Petition Kitchen for Sanjeev’s special dinner and Long Chim with that insane art work for Asian food. It was an insane and most amazing food trip we have experienced.
We did not do much in Perth as far as sight seeing goes because one I wanted to shop and second we just wanted to spend some time experiencing the city on foot. It was amazing. I’d suggest that you go to Perth only if you are looking for some quiet time relaxing and enjoying slow life. We also spent a lovely evening with Upasana and her husband who came to meet us there. They really made our trip so happy and fun. Wish we’d remembered to click a pic together. But you know who they say your best times are the ones when you actually forget to take photos.
Overall, in all honestly Perth was a little snoozy for us. The weather wasn’t great first but after experiencing the uber excitement at all the places in Australia, this was a good wrap- lazy, laid back and time-to-go home kinda vibes. If you are visiting Australia just once, Perth can really be skipped unless you really want to have some real quiet time.
Since we did not have the camera most of these are phone pics but I still hope you enjoy the post.
Here is a cheat sheet of things to do in Perth :
- Definitley dine at one of the restaurants at the State Building. These are expensive restaurants but they are so worth dining at.
- Perth has a gorgeous zoo where you can play with koalas and Kangaroos.
- Swan Valley is a gorgeous half day wine tour experience. You can visit the vineyards, experience some lovely wines and have a lovely lunch.
- King’s Park is a huge park where either you can go in morning to get your fitness kick or sometimes around the day for picnic or something. They also have a lovely cafe inside there. The views of the city and the whole walk among the trees was breathtaking.
- King’s Street : It’s a luxury shopping street but did not have any major known brands except Chanel, Gucci and Louis Vuitton. I bought my Gucci bag from there. The only benefit was that they had amazing collection and the kinds that might even be sold out at some of the major cities. 😀
- If the weather allows you a day trip to Penguin Island would be worth a visit. It’s a small ferry ride from Perth. Ask you hotel on how to get there.
- We really wanted to do Rottnest Island but the weather was not in our favour. On a lovely sunny day you could bike around there, take a dip in the ocean and spend some lazy time around. This also you can reach via ferry.
- London Court was the cutest shopping area we have come across. Check pics below.
Thank you for being part of our travels. As much as we do these trips for us, it only makes it 10 fold awesome when we get to share it with you all. Until next time..and very soon!
Loooads of love! #IMBBwasHERE