This is the last post from our recent Europe Trip. Lisbon came in last after Greece, Budapest, Amsterdam and Barcelona.We were quite tired so we took all the chilled out time we could get during our Lisbon stay. We walked around the neighbourhood eating sweets at ancient bakeries, spent time at the beach and got to see the gorgeous view of the city from a castle located very high up.
We stayed at the Hotel Avenida Palace in Lisbon. It was a gorgeous old world kind of a hotel. EXCEPT. All the guests, and the staff were also oldies golides. The first day during breakfast we were the only young couple. The next day another added. You almost felt bad that a 60 year old gentleman is bringing tea for your room service. There were absolutely no complaints about the quality of services they offered. But it was something that I thought I could mention. We had a great stay there overall.
I mostly wore super comfy clothes. A red dress from Mango pretty much as a coverup for the beach and for visiting the Jeronimos Monastery. One day I slipped into these really cool high waisted chinos from Cos and finished off with white accents. And the last day it was again cosy in my denims, a checked shirt and my leather jacket (tied around the waist) in case it got chilly.
Leaving you with tons of photographs and your cheat sheet for Lisbon. Lisbon has the most gorgeous sky I have ever seen. It was a like a new painting after every few miles. I can’t wait to go back to both Amsterdam and Lisbon. They have added to my favourite cities in the world. If we had more time, we would have stayed longer there.
Must Do things :
- Definitley try the Lisbon sweets from their traditional bakeries.
- Lisbon is full of Indian restaurants. Food would barely we an issue for you there. We liked the Gandhi Palace. You could even do a food tour, if you fancy.
- Walk the streets of Lisbon, especially in Alfama. They are gorgeous. Especially the walk down from castle to the town is just charming to say the least. There are also options for walking tours. Ask your hotel about it.
- You’d find the most amazing shopping in Lisbon. Both of high end and high street brands. If you have limited time to shop, just go to El Corte Mall. You’d get tired but your heart would be left longing for more. Amazing.
- Definitley visit the beach. Most beaches are quite far off from Lisbon but they are gorgeous. We spent time at Praia Do Guincho. Some people also mentioned Algarve. We just went to whatever was closet to us and it was heavenly.
- There are little things such as taking a tram that goes past the river. You could catch the gorgeous scenery or take a tram up to the castle. You could spend time by the river side in Lisbon.
Overall, Lisbon was such a good mix of an old world city and a big happening buzz. If I had to describe it in just one word, it would be ‘sweet’. :))
Thank you sooooo much for being a part of the trip. Both Sanjeev and I were always damn excited about sharing and showing what that all we were seeing. These trips would have never been as exciting if it weren’t for you all. So thanks a ton. Until next time… very soon! Loooooodsss of love. :-* Continue reading