Hi Everyone, 🙂
As I am wrapping up this trip. I thought I’d put up some must do things for you that you can do in Seychelles.
I was all about maxi dreses and skirts during this trip. And id you are following Faux Pas for a while you’d know how much I love my one shoulder dresses. Well this post has a two of them. 😛 I wore this orange dress twice during this trip – one time for lunch and the other time for dinner. Clearly love it way too much. 😀 The last James Ferreira dress I wore was years back so I was quite excited when I found this. He is the king of drapes in my opinion and the way the dress wraps your body makes you feel so feminine. I finished off the look with not one but two statement pieces – a huge neckpiece and 2 cuffs. I made a side bun and put a fresh flower in my hair. 🙂
For a day time look for hopping around the islands I wanted to wear something that I could wear over my bikini and throw it off before going to the sea. I found this cute little dress at Eden Island. It is from french Fashion Designer, Bronzette. I just added some fun sandals and sunglasses.
Sanjeev and I went on a island hopping one of the days during our stay in Seychelles. We started early at around 6 in the morning and took a ferry to the island. The first stop was Mahe to La Digue, then Praslin and then back to Mahe. They have a day schedule for the ferrys. Just ask the concierge at your hotel about it. You could prebook the tickets or go early to buy the tickets. We were not sure of the weather so we took the tickets the same day. I mean it would not have been fun visiting islands on a rainy day. We had a mix of passing showers, clouds and a good amount of sun. All in all it was a gorgeous day. I hope you enjoy checking out the photos.
Here is your list of must dos in Seychelles. 🙂
- Spend a LOT of time at the beach. They have the most stunning white sand beaches and crystal clear pastel water. Truely Dreamy. We stayed at Four Seasons in Mahe and they have a beach called Petite Anse. It was stunning.
- Make a day trip to La Digue and Praslin. If you want you can also stay on those islands and enjoy the island life. Also there are a lot of small hotels on the islands that can totally help you budget your trip. And from there you can do island hopping.
- Anse Lazio is one of the most stunning beaches in Praslin and the water was breathtakingly clear. Sanjeev and I spent so much time swimming in the ocean. Crazy fun. One of the best I’d say.
- Hire bicycles on La Digue. It is a small cutie island and bicycling was so much fun. Praslin is a huge island so you’d have to move around there either on a tour bus or a hire a taxi. Don’t forget to bargain.
- Do not miss visiting the Giant Tortoises. They are the cutest slowest things you’d ever see. 😀
- Ice-cream at Eden Island is worth every bit.Plus the breathtaking view would totally not hurt. You could even stay there or even charter a boat if you prefer.
- If you want to see the rare coco de mer, you could make a visit to Botanical Gardens in Praslin. I mean you could skip it as well but it is something that you’d get to see there only. The drive is stunning on the island.
- If you are a sea food lover, consider yourself in heaven. As a vegetarian I had major issues finding meals. I was living off pastas and sandwiches.
- You could also visit Curieuse Island. It is an island that you visit from Praslin. They have a marine national park where they raise tortoises from babies. It is basically a bio-reserve. You could take a boat or do a walking trail among the forest. It could be a very expensive affair. Ask your hotel about it.It’s better to do this trip from Praslin than Mahe.
- Make a visit to Victoria. I was not too fond of their market but you know it was nice to move around on the island mixing among the locals. You could do some grocery shopping from there. 😀 They also have a Big Ben. 😀
I’d put up a post on How To Plan a Trip to Seychelles in a few days. Keep a look out for it. 🙂
Vallée de Mai is one of only two places in the world where the rare coco de mer palm grows.
Dress :James ferreira
Neckpiece : Payal Khandwala
Shoes : Chanel
Bangles : Amrapali
Black Dress : Bronzette
Shoes : Zara
Sunglasses : Rayban