Hi Everyone, 🙂
This is my last post from our Russia winter trip. I wore this dress for a New year party at our hotel, Four Seasons. It was an absolutely great stay and a fantastic trip. We saw the frozen rivers, soaked sun on our snow covered balcony , walked in the snowfall and tumbled on the snow. It was one heck of a daring and a spine chilling experience. If you ask us if we’d do it all over again, may be not. Both of us are summer people. We crib in Delhi winters only, this is was an experience that is worth telling stories about. 😀 It is the prettiest winters we have ever seen and looking back ‘-16 degrees’ only feels like a dream.
But I can’t wait to go back to see St Petersburg in summers and its famous White Nights.
How To Plan and must do things:
- We took a flight from Moscow to St petersburg. It was a 1.5 hour Aerofloat flight. Pretty good.
- Definitley look for temperature and pack accordingly.
- Plan for atleast 5+ days. St Petersburg is huggggeee and totally worth spending time at.
- Had language problems but still manageable.
- Food was never an issue despite me being a vegetarian.
- Be prepared to spend a lot of money. Russia turned out to be one of the most expensive trips we have ever done. Everything you buy there would be marked up 20-30% as compared to many other places in the world esp Europe.
- Definitley try Russian blinis, Russian vodka, black bread, caviar (if you are a non vege).
- If you are travelling in winters, load up on your carbs. Food is the only thing that would prevent you from falling ill and you’d enjoy the winters more. Really leave your dieting behind.
- I found Moscow more fashionable that St Petersberg. But really you can dress up to your heart’s content without any hesitation.
- Would highly recommend our Hotel Four Seasons. Both the location and the hotel itself were fantabulous.
Must Visit Places
- Church of the Savior on Spilt Blood
- State Hermitage Museum and Winter Palace + a night lights show
- Grand Palace
- Nevsky Prospekt
- Peter and Paul Fortress
- Mariinsky Theatre
- Catherine Palace
- Tsum for high end luxury shopping
- Galleria for high street shopping
Can’t wait to show your my Russian makeup haul on IMBB in a few days. See you all very soon with another adventure. Love you a tonnn!!!!
Outfit Details :
Dress : Topshop
Bag : Givenchy Pandora
Boots : Zara