Hi Everyone, 🙂
We spent 4 days in Melbourne and by the end of the 4th day we knew it was time to move on to the next city. We may not have done just about everything that is out there but I think we really touched some of the unique and brilliant experiences that Melbourne has to offer.
Here’s our list of must-do things
- Eureka Sky Deck : You have to purchase the ticket to reach to the 88th floor and an extra ticket to experience the edge. It’s worth every penny.
- Phillip Island for Penguin Parade : You have to purchase tickets to watch the show. You have various price range to view the cutie little penguins coming out in the evening after their long day. We’d suggest that you take the underground glass box option to view penguins at the eye view level.
- Balloon Ride At Yara Valley : Honestly, it was beautiful and balloon rides are always so much fun. I felt it was way too expensive and then they asked us to help them deflate their balloon and wrap things up. As a guest it was really not part of our task. But they took us to a gorgeous winery later on for a lovely breakfast. That was really nice. But Yara Valley on its own is so gorgeous. You can do a lovely wine tour there. Ask your hotel concierge to book it for you.
- Dracula Cabaret Show : OMG!! It is an adult comedy show. They serve you drinks and dinner. Then they put up some performances. The whole set up is made spooky. the waiters are dressed up as vampires. They also take you through a ghost ride… Scary as hell but brilllliannttt experience. There is a bit of a skin show and adult humour in the show. Wouldn’t recommend it if you have kids along with you. You can book tickets for this through your hotel or online through their website. It’s housefull on most days.
- 12 Apostles and Great Ocean Road : Most people do a day tour. But some people also choose to spent a night in lodges around that area and come back the next day. You can also do hikes around that area. Whatever you choose, it is a MUST do thing in Melbourne. Just ask your hotel or do a bit of your own research to see what suits you. But we decided to do a day tour. It’s a 3 hour drive each side and you get to spend a few hours at the 12 apostles. Plus you also get to stop at many places to click photos. You can drive around on your own or go via a tour with other people. We did the latter. It was brilliant. The scenery changes every minute. It is hard to believe that a world so stunning exists. You can also do a helicopter ride above the 12 Apostles if your budget allows. The price changes according to seasons. But HIGHLY recommended. It take the whole ride to the 12 apostles to an epic level and something that’s yo’d cherish all your life. 🙂
- Melbourne Zoo : If you are visiting just Melbourne, it would be fun to see the lovely wild life if Australia. But since we were coming to Sydney, everyone suggested that we visit the Taronga zoo in Sydney. So we skipped that one.
- Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium
- Puffing Billy Steam Train Day Tour
- We stayed at the Langham Hotel in Melbourne. A lovely one. Totally recommend it. Plus the location is gorgeous and is close to most main attractions.
- Shopping Places . Aha! David Jones, Emporio Mall for just about all things shopping, Bourke Street Mall, Flinders Lane, Collins and Elizabeth Streets.
- We were right across the Evan Walker Bridge so crossed it many times during the day. But the whole SouthBank area is sooo beautiful. It’s worth taking a walk around and stopping by for a nice meal. It was just beautiful every evening.
- Definitely stop for coffee at various places in Melbourne. They do really ‘happy’ coffees. 🙂
- You can also do skydiving n Melbourne if you have the heart to. 😀 Just ask your hotel about it. A lot of people do it around the Great Ocean road.
We are in Sydney at the moment. And if you are really impressed with how gorgeous Melbourne is. Well! wait till we show you Sydney. Catch up with you soon. Mwaaaahhh!!!
Sit back and enjoy the view from the above! 🙂
Here is a little video of the helicopter ride and the drive through the great ocean road. Hope you enjoy it!
Outfit Details :
Sweatshirt, Bag : Acne Studios
Jeans : Asos
Sunglasses : Rayban
Shoes : Adidas Superstar
Also Read :
Melbourne , Australia Part 1