6 Cool Tips to Shop during Sales and Clearances
How was your weekend? Mine was nothing exciting but I am looking forward to an exciting week. My painters are going to say goodbye. I would be spending time doing the decor of my home. I am pretty excited. Looking forward to it. 🙂
Almost all of Delhi is going on sale this month. Well! not literally. But you know. 😛 I thought I’d share my tips on how to shop during the sale season. Please feel free to add your points in the comments below. 🙂
- Buy investment pieces : It is a great time to pick up investment pieces. Especially from the high end brands. I mean Dior is selling shoes and clothes at 40% off these days. Don’t you know to go and check it out? 😛 Also, look for classic pieces – that perfect black bag, that right shade of n*de shoes, dream fitting blazer… etc.
- Buy your size : Often we get tempted to buy pieces that are either smaller or bigger in size. Just because IT IS ON SALE. Trust me, such pieces only gather dust over a period of time. They are money wasters. Not money savers. You’d never lose those two inches to fit in that dress. You’d always be lazy to get that dress to the tailor for alteration.
- Buy tees and gym wear : I find sales an excellent opportunity to stock up on my basic tees and gym wear. In fact, basic pair of a good jeans during sale is also such a good buy. Zara always have great deals on tees.
- Fix a Budget : If you are someone like me , this would be the hardest thing to do. But it helps. Keep a realistic budget and try to stick with it. But if you fall a go a bit beyond that it’s okay. Just enjoy your loot. With a budget in mind, you’d end up somewhere near your limit. One best way to keep inside your budget is to take cash along with you, not credit cards.
- Shop Online : I so wish Zara had an online shopping option. oh well! 😛 Shopping online prevents your time and energy. In most cases, you would be a able to edit your shopping basket and shop wisely. But don’t buy bottoms online. It’s best to try them at the store and then buy.
- Time your sale shopping : I feel it’s best to check out sales three times .Once at the begining of the sale. You might not get the best deals. but you’d get the best pieces. Once during the mid of the sale – stores add new stock, it’s worth a checko. Once towards the end – you’d get the best deals. That’s literally the clearances time.
So these are my tips on how to shop during the sale season. I’d love to hear your tips as well.
Happy shopping and have a great week ahead. 🙂
I love you! 🙂