Hi Everyone, 🙂
Most of you would know from our instagram or facebook that Sanjeev and I are travelling again. We chose the most unexpected place to travel this time around – Russia. Most people wouldn’t dare to travel to Russia this time around because of the extreme cold. But we wanted to experience the ‘White Winters’ that Russia is (in)famous for. So here we are…and I am still trying to believe that we are here.
Our first stop is Moscow. It’s a gorgeous and a huge city. We are staying at the Raddison Hotel, which has gorgeous views of a flowing river and cityscape. But I’d suggest that you pick Four Seasons or Hyatt only because they are located right next to the Red Square. Red Square, Moscow is the central square and is very connected to the major points of the city.
Things we have done so far :
- Adjusted to the winter chill..or we’d like to believe that. 😛
- Visited Red Square and yet to see Kremlin from the inside.
- Visited Gum and Tsum for some serious shopping heaven experience.
- Spent some insane amount of money on grocery stores and taxis because Russia is sh*t expensive. It is probably one of the most expensive places we have been to so far.
- Experienced the most stunning Metros here. They are seriously an experience.
- Tried Georgian Cuisine. Bland. 😛
- Strolled through the pretty Christmas markets. Most of Russia celebrates Christmas on Jan 7th, fyi. But still it gets pretty festive around this time of the year
- Learnt a serious art of layering clothes. Nothing prepares you for this kind of winter. Just eat well and keep yourself warm.
Other than that, both Sanjeev and I couldn’t be more thankful that we are getting to experience this part of the world. We were worried that we’d regret coming here. But we are soooooo loving it. It’s so beautiful and festive out here. There is so much life in the city. There is a language problem here but people have been nice and helpful so far.
Enjoy some of the clicks Mr Hubs has captured so far. Cant wait to show you more and more of this place very soon. 🙂
Outfit Details :
Grey cape Coat, boots : Zara
Fur cape : Stephanel
white cap : Topshop
grey cap : Hallhuber
Bag : Chanel 2.55
Leather Gloves : Cos
Leather Jacket : All Saints