Hi Everyone, 🙂
Sharing the last few moments we captured in Amsterdam. It was rather an emotional journey in a single day. We cruised through the stunning Amsterdam through its canals. It was so beautiful.We wanted to just keep sailing through the twists and turns of the canals. I had to wear a special outfit for the cruise right! 😀 I told Sanjeev that whenever we get married again, this is probably how I’d dress up. 😛
We had to visit the legendary Anne Frank’s House and the Red Light Area of Amsterdam. The visit to Anne Frank’s House was such an emotional journey. It’s hard to believe that someone who lived closed behind the doors for two years lived with so much hope. She would continue to live forever…as she wanted. I bought her book to read it.
That evening we planned a trip to the Red Light District in Amsterdam. We went through a company with a group of people. It started raining heavily but it was one heck of a trip. Prostitution is legal in Amsterdam so they treat these girls as ‘s*x workers’. It’s like any other job you do in the world. We went through the narrow alleys where the real girls were standing behind the windows in their most er*tic lingeries! There were gay bars, live s*x theatres, s*x shops and anything related you could think of. The areas are very well protected by police to avoid any chaos. The trip was a little heavy for me to be honest but an experience I would never forget!
Now the list of must do things in Amsterdam
- If you can, explore Amsterdam on bikes.
- You’d love shopping in Amsterdam. Some of my fav shops were Urban Outfitters, & Other Stories, TopShop,Weekday, Cheap Monday, Bijenkorf Mall.
- Keukenhof Gardens. But those are only spring gardens are are open only for a certain period of time in a year. So plan accordingly.
- King’s Day – Celebrated on 27th April every year.
- A visit to Anne Frank’s House.
- Explore the gorgeous coffee shops.
- Red Light District Tour. But do it only in a group. It’s quite a shocker to be doing alone the first time around. Don’t click photos of the girls. Respect their privacy. You can always pay and take their services. They are doing their job there anyway.
- If you are craving for Indian food, there are a LOT of Indian restaurants around. We loved Shiva for its ambience and Kohinoor for its food.
- Cruise through the canals in boats to see Amsterdam.
- Amsterdam at night is quite a vision. Can be done through boat as well.
Amsterdam stole my heart..the way Venice and Paris did. I can’t wait to come back here again..that too very soon. :)) I hope you enjoy the last few pics we clicked during our stay. 🙂
Outfit Details :
Skirt : Asos
Hat, Jacket : All Saints
Shoes : Nike
Jeans : Cheap Monday
White Bag : Celine Trio
Tan Bag : Gucci
Keukenhof Gardens, Netherlands + Must Do Things
King’s Day 2015, Amsterdam
Budapest : Szimpla Kert Ruin Bar, Danube River Cruise
20 Responses to Amsterdam : Canal Cruise, Anne Frank’s House, Red Light District